Sunday Mornings at the Congregational Church
Our Church School is committed to the moral and spiritual development of our children. Through Bible stories, music, worship, crafts and social justice projects, we strive to pass on the historic Christian faith — our legacy of love — to the next generation.
Our Church School is based on these principles:
- It is possible to grow in the Christian faith without indoctrination or dogma. We trust that an open-minded, progressive approach to scripture and tradition can inspire a love of God.
- By learning about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, children are given an example of compassion, justice, faith and love that will guide, inspire and enrich their own lives. But the Christ-centered nature of our Church School accepts that there are other paths to God as well.
- Social justice is an integral part of the Christian faith, not merely a by-product. We believe when our children learn about the state of the world and its most impoverished, they are becoming Christian in a most basic sense.
Along with our Church School, our entire church seeks to be a safe, fun and nurturing community.
Below is our Spring 2013 curriculum schedule:
Coming up in June/July/August:
- May 5 Communion together; Isaiah 1:10-17. Caring for Others and for Creation.
- May 12 Family worship, Mother's/Parents Day Celebration. 2nd graders to lead worship and Children's Choir to sing; Isaiah 11:1-9. The Peaceful Kingdom.
- May 19 Sanctuary Dedication, Children's Choir to sing; Revelation 21. A New World.
- May 26 Happy Birthday to the Church! Pentecost and the Holy Spirit; Acts Chapter 2.
Exploring the Bible Together! Including a time of archeological exploration from a traveling Bible history museum!
Youth And Children's Choir
Sunday Mornings, Youth Room
Delightful musical mornings with Julie Berk, Children's Music Director!
- Youth, ages 9 to 13, come from 9:15- 9:45
- Children, ages 4-8, attend 9:45-10:15.
It's fun and joyful. Please come!
Family Worship Sundays
Family worship is a time where all our children remain in the service with their families. Join us as the children lead us in prayers of thanksgiving, celebrate communion or share meditations on the scripture themes for the day with their church family.
Here are the Family Worship Sundays for 2013.
March 3: Communion and children
April 21: Earth Sabbath service led by the youth of CCSM
May 12: Celebrating female guides