News & Events
We've revised our news and events section! The Calendar now features the regular online calendar listing. This page will offer special events and news articles.
Wise and Wonderful Seniors (WiWoS)
WiWoS are great fun and you don’t need to be Wise or Wonderful to join the in the fun… You don’t even need to be a senior. Wherever you are on your life’s journey, you are welcome to join us for any or all of these activities.
2nd Wednesdays in the Buckham Room
1/14 10:30-12:00 Hopes for the New Year
; Bring one idea for a project Wise and Wonderful Seniors (WiWoS) can participate in being the Hands, Feet and Face of God in our communities.
2/11 10:30-11:30 A Parker Palmer experience.
; Poetry and image support knowing our own wisdom.
; Facilitator: Rev. Dr. Faye Orton Snyder
; Bring notebook and pen.
3/11 10:30-11:30 What is a member portal?
; Bring your ipad, tablet, smartphone or notepad and pen. Veril Phillips will be supporting us through an hour of learning how to access our online church directory.
; We will have some extra tablets, etc, available.
4/8 10:30-11:30 Out with the Old
; A time for sharing with Pastor Jerri and send-off to Mexico.
5/13 10:30-11:30 In with the New
; A time to regroup and look ahead.
4th Thursdays: Please sign up in church office to make reservations. This helps us to create carpools—more fellowship, less cars. Each 4th Thursday we gather at CCSM at 10:30 a.m., and leave at 10:45.
1/22 Jack’s Restaurant, El Camino Real and Highway 92.
2/26 CuriOdyssey. $6 parking per car at Museum, and lunch at Poplar Creek. 1700 Coyote Point Dr.
3/26 Barbara’s Fish Trap, north of Half Moon Bay on Hwy 1.
4/23 Paul’s Diner, 4000 S El Camino Real; free parking on north side of building.
HIT THE ROAD! (CCSM Field Trips)
You have been so generous in helping raise funds for various community projects, we thought you might like to meet the people you help.
· Any Wednesday, 9:30am, do a ride-along with a Peninsula Food Runner.
· Monday, January 19, welcome the Freedom Train at the San Mateo station to celebrate CCSM’s ten-year involvement with the Martin Luther King celebration (breakfast at 8:30am).
· January 25 (and other 4th Sundays), worship and deliver lunches at the Open Cathedral (SF Night Ministry) in San Francisco. Carpools leave our parking lot about 1:00pm.
· Thursday, February 12, meet farm workers at Puente, the community service center for the South County coast. Carpools will leave about 2:00pm.
· Tour the county’s recycling center and watch all the amazing machinery on Thursday, February 19, at 9:30am. See the Greening of CCSM at work.
· Hit the road and join the team learning about border issues in Tijuana, March 20-24.
For more information or to save you a spot, please email msj [at] ccsm-ucc.org. All ages welcome.
Godly Play Workshop with Di Pagel
Saturday, February 21 at CCSM
We have been invited to host a regional Godly Play training event led by Godly Play Master Storyteller and Trainer, Di Pagel. We will enjoy a workshop full of stories, of sharing resources and of interacting with other Godly Play teachers from all over the Bay Area.
Wanna Cross the Border?
A group from CCSM will explore immigration issues along the border nearest Tijuana. From Centro Romero we learn more about the two most serious border concerns: human trafficking and unaccompanied minors. Save the dates!